On a minute-by-minute basis, your present and future personal happiness is mostly determined by your attitude toward the “What Is” in your life. Abraham Lincoln once said, “I have noticed that folks are usually about as happy as they make up their minds to be.”
We create our future by our very own thoughts—no one else is responsible! Other people can try to “force” us to think “their way” but it’s really up to us whether we follow through with their agenda or not. The person who controls their own thoughts is “Master of their own world.” The following are three things that every person can master over time:
- Where we put our attention
- The nature of our thoughts
- How we interpret “What Is”
Listen in as Kira and Bill Van Ittersum share helpful ideas about “Falling in Love With What Is” and re-tell three short stories that help illustrate how to do it!
- The story of King Midas: http://www.frankmarrero.com/BigPhilosophy/True_Happiness_Story-Midas.html
- The Hedgehog’s Changing Sight: http://www.frankmarrero.com/BigPhilosophy/True_Happiness_Story-Hedgehog.html
- Li-Li and the Mother-In-Law: Compiled from several sites on the internet.